Travels inspired by the Wombles

Friday 29 April 2011

'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...'

... Chairman Mao is supposed to have said. But he didn't know that a journey of 50,000 miles begins with a singing Womble, as it did in my case.

With the help of the interweb, I've calculated that just getting to the various locations for this project comes to over 22,000 miles travelled. Osaka in Japan is the most distant, being 5900 miles from here, with Wimbledon being the closest at a mere 28 miles. And of course I've had to come back, too.

Double that 22,000 to get to 44,000, and add in the internal travel, particularly within Bulgaria, Venezuela and Japan - and that's how I came up with 50,000 miles.

And I haven't even earned airmiles for any of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment