Travels inspired by the Wombles

Monday 20 July 2009

Students' success

I opened the latest issue of Real Travel this morning, to find an article from a fellow aspiring travel writer, whom I met at one of Dea Birkett's Travel Writing Workshops last year. It was a pleasing confirmation that all the effort can pay off - even if, in the case of Real Travel, you don't get paid. I did have a touch of envy, of course. "It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail," Gore Vidal is supposed to have said. I'd prefer to be more positive; if my fellow students can get published, so can I.

My wife and I went to an Audley Travel seminar at the weekend, to find out more about the Trans-Siberian Railway. The seminar covered other railways journeys, including routes across Australia. Now, I haven't planned to visit Adelaide, as Miss Adelaide wasn't in the original Wombles TV series. But she was in the books...and Adelaide is not too far from Wellington, New Zealand...and Kangaroo Island just opposite Adelaide sounds like fun...and...

Where can I get some more time? And money?

No comments:

Post a Comment